This is a very sweet, yummy bread! I loved it. My hubby said it tasted like oatmeal? Didn’t get that at all.. LOL His mom liked it. So I’d say it’s approved 🙂 This yummy recipe came from The Comfy Belly.
IngredientsIf you’re finding this recipe a bit too moist, reduce the amount of grated zucchini to 1 cup, or place the zucchini in a towel and squeeze it to wring out the excess moisture.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or melted ghee, unsalted butter, or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups grated zucchini (with green peel; not packed; if wet, dry off with a paper or cloth towel)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F/190°C.
- Grease your baking pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and spices and blend well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Pour the batter into your baking pan, and bake for about 60 minutes (or 50 minutes at a convection setting), or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool and slice. Store covered at room temperature for a few days, or the refrigerator for a week or so. I haven’t done so yet, but you can probably seal it and freeze it for a few months.
Makes 1 loaf