These were SO good – oh my goodness. They are like little frozen cheesecake bites! I may try to add a crust to them next time 🙂 Thank you Detoxinista!
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
These raw, bite-sized Lemon Meltaways are naturally sweetened with a touch of honey, and are bursting with tart lemon flavor! Loaded with healthy fats from coconut oil and a hearty dose of magnesium from raw cashews (good for bone health!), these melt-in-your-mouth confections taste decadent–> but can be enjoyed guilt-free.
- ½ cup raw cashew butter
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (optional)
- mini paper baking cups
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix until very smooth and creamy.
- On a baking sheet, lay out the mini baking cups (I recommend double-layering them for sturdiness, or using silicone baking cups). Spoon the batter into each cup, then place in the freezer to set for 30 minutes, or until solid.
- Garnish with additional lemon zest, if you like, and serve immediately!
These “meltaways” will do just that–they’ll melt away if left at room temperature too long! Be sure to serve frozen, so they’re nice and firm, like a lemon bar with a texture reminiscent of cheesecake. Note: If you’re in the mood for a more traditional lemon bar, feel free to add a raw graham cracker crust to the bottom of each cup! You could even double the recipe above, and make an entire 8″ pan of raw lemon bars. I’m just impatient and prefer to eat the filling as quickly as possible.