YUM, YUM, YUM! Spaghetti is one of my all time favorite dishes so you can imagine how ecstatic I was when it turned out absolutely delish!
1 Spaghetti Squash
2 large cans SCD legal tomatoes
SCD legal sausage or ground beef
Spices for Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Halve the squash lengthwise and cut out the seeds. (Have fun with this 🙂
3. I cook just one half at a time because we have a small family, or you can cook both sides. Brush the cut sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
4. Place in a baking dish and tightly cover with foil.
5. Roast for 20 minutes, then uncover and roast until squash is tender – about 35 more minutes.
6. Meanwhile, heat a skillet and brown the sausage/ground beef in whatever size chunks you want for your sauce. Drain.
7. drain the tomatoes and add to a blender with all the spices you want for your sauce (Italian, oregano, parsley, salt, pepper, garlic, onion, etc.) and puree tomatoes until a good saucy consistency is achieved.
8. Add sauce to the meat and stir. Heat until hot and then lower the heat to low to stay warm while squash is finishing.
9. When squash is cooked, remove from oven and using a fork, pull out the “noodles” into a large bowl or pan.
10. Place cooked “noodles” on a dish, top with sauce and parmesan cheese and enjoy. YUM!